Listed below are instructions to follow prior to your surgery appointment with general anesthesia:
- Refrain from eating and drinking liquids (including water) at least 6 hours prior to your appointment
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, cigars, and vaporized cigarettes at least 48 hours prior to your appointment and 48 hours after
- Ensure that a friend or relative accompanies you to your appointment or picks you up afterwards, as you will not be able to drive or operate machinery for at least 24 hours post-anesthesia.
- Jewelry contact lenses and dentures and braces must be removed prior to your appointment.
- Please inform our surgeons if you are currently taking any prescriptive medications or have any allergies prior to your surgery for advice with the anesthesia.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If for whatever reason you are feeling unwell or have a cold or the flu or any other type of situation, please inform our surgeons so that they can reschedule your appointment.
We want you to have a smooth and pleasant recovery. Following these instructions will ensure the best possible outcome. Please call the office if you have any questions or concerns about your progress. Thank you for trusting us with your oral and maxillofacial surgery needs.Call Us